Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Just a walk to remember...

I was standing in front of my classmates as I was reporting about courtship in our sociology class subject last semester of this school year. My teacher asked me: have you experience being courted by a girl? Hesitantly, I said yes and all my classmates were teasing me.

One evening on bonifacio street, I was walking alone heading my way home. I forgot the exact date but I'm certain it was august. A group of friends were talking outside an establishment. I didn't mind them because I'm busy with my cellphone. A girls was whistling. She kept on whistling not until I turn my attention to her. I was hesitant to approach her because she might have mistaken me for someone else. She said it was me and made a “come here” sign. As I went near, I came to realize they are my schoolmates and I know one of them, so, I concluded we are in the same program. The girl who whistled told me that it was actually her classmate asking my cellphone number. I was shocked. I never expected her bravely asking my number just for her friend.

I was home after that certain conversation. She texted and thanked me for not being selfish of my number. A thought came out from my naughty mind, like how about playing a game with her. She confessed that it’s her who got a crush on me and just using her classmate to hide the awkward feeling when she asked my number. Texting moments began. I dont know and cant explain the feeling. Wow... she courted me! I was like flying like a G6! Anyway, after a couple of days she insisted in her text messages that she wanted me to be her man. The text messages are still in my inbox.

My point is, letting your feeling be expressed to someone you really like is not bad at all but it should come with at least giving yourself a descent image towards the person. I am talking especially to women who are in the same boat with the girl I am referring to because boys are boys and let us not go deeper beyond that words.

She became my girlfriend. We go dating and spending time together. She was still sixteen years young and I'm 21 years old. I knew she loves me but I doubted if my feelings for her. I was still in the process of learning to love her that time. I was afraid I might go beyond my limitations. And I realized something. She was so young and maybe she was just blindfolded and carried away by so called infatuation. On my part , im being unfair to her. We celebrated our first monthsary and a week after, I decided to break our relationship because I can no longer bear the guilt because I know love does not exist. It was all a one sided love. I don't want to break her heart but I did. I ended up my relationship with her and I did it because I have these reasons: I don't want to take advantage of her, she was too young for love. I don't want to destroy her dignity and the future ahead of her. And I failed learning to love her, I don't wanna be unfair.

Up to this time, she keeps on texting me and communicating in any way. She liked almost all my status in facebook. I can feel her obsession in me. But I know where to stand and that is letting her grow maturely and stay away from her. It was really the first time I encountered such a girl in my life and I know somehow along the way, it will never be forgotten. It will remain a good experience for a man like me.

We should set our minds in accordance with our conscience. Let us not be blind folded with our wants rather we should also consider the side of the other and give favor just because we don't want them to suffer the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment